Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last brain Radiation Done, Port-a-cath done, Chemo starts today!

Well I got my last whole brain radiation this morning, it was full of hugs and laughter, and I even got to ring the radiation bell AND I got a certifcate, which was really pretty sweet. I also got to take my radiation collander mask, don;t know if I'll do anything with it, but I'm sure I can figure out something!

They came and got me for the port-o-cath at 11am and i's now 2:30, so that was also very easy! So all in all today has been a REALLY GREAT DAY!! (yesterday)

They ended up not knocking me out totally for the port-a-cath, because of the brain bleed situation, I still didn't feel anything at all which was fine with me! I did over estimate my energy levels at 2:30. I pretty much crashed at 4pm. Ate dinner, took meds, and went to sleep. Jamie hung around until 9pm waiting on the Cancer Doc to come talk. She came by around 10. Good thing though, she's already got the discharge papers ready to go, do when Jamie gets up here around 9am I should get Sprung, which is going to be SO great. I'm ready to be back home with my boys and family!

If I'm not mistaken, I get Chemo from today until Wednesday, and then wait a while, I'll find out specifics later. Not sure about how sick I'll get if any, but I'm thinking that maybe on my off days I'll be well enough for visitors and going some places. Let Ya'll know!

ALready thinking about Pancakes! at least I still have an appetite, better enjoy it while I can!

Bon Courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment