Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Let's keep are fingers crossed, I might get to go home tomorrow!

So last night, Dr. Tian took me off clear liquids and Put me on a soft diet, which actually translates up here tto regular food. So I got to eat pretty good, but I watched myself, cause I want outta here. He also ordered a blood transfusion, 2 bags, that "they" said would start at 9:30, well it started at 12:30am and I didn't realize it but at this hospital they put a blood pressure cuff on and don't take it off until they are thru...4.5 hours later. Taking the pressure very 10 minutes for the first 45 minutes, then every 20-30 minutes after that, beyond that I was so so delirious I just didn't care! So what I'm trying to say is that I got NO sleep last night. Makes for a sleepy girl.

However on the up side, blood transfusions just happen to give you energy, so at 8am I woke up like a piglet in a pen when When the food tray came up. I ate breakfast, it was good.

Jamie came up and we worked on paperwork for insurance and doctor stuff and house stuff, and busy work, but I was good to go until 2:00. Jamie went to run errands And pick up some some curry chicken and fresh fruit for me and I took a nap. Dr.Tian came back this afternoon And told me that he looked at the CT Scans and saw that after two rounds of chemotherapy the lesions in my abdomen are not growing but also not shrinking, so he want's me to enroll in an alternative therapy. Back in early June, there was all this info on epilumilab alternative therapy, that is supposed to be working good things for melanoma. The closest place to get it is Little Rock. So that is where we are going. Dr. Tian has contacted them about me an is gathering my info to send to them. We're gonna call tomorrow to set up the consult appointment, to get the ball rolling again!

As far as pain goes I'm doing ok, some in my back, but it's about time for my night meds and ambien so hopefully that will help.
So I am gonna try to sleep.

Bon Courage!

3 comments:

  1. Little Rock is a stones throw. I am always up for a road trip! Love love love you.
    Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind Jamie that his movie friend (and Julia's cousin) Ray McKinnon lives in Little Rock. He spends a lot of time in Hollywood so might not be there while you're there, but anyway he and his wife are based there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle and Jamie - this came to my attention from a friend, do you know about it?

    Peace and love today, and every day-

    Elizabeth (Brinkerhoff Mador)




    Cleaning for a Reason

    If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

    All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women.

    It’s our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information
    along.

    http://www.cleaningforareason.org

    ReplyDelete